This is bocoming all too common...
I first met Scott Lee when we were in our 20s; we played hockey together for five or more years, and played baseball for just under 10 years. We had a lot of fun together, and had a lot of laughs - especially afterwards in the pub. A couple of things come to mind when I think about Scott. When we first started playing hockey together, I was afraid when he was on the ise - I was the goalie and he was a slow defenseman with limited skills. However, he soon developed his "hockey smarts" and became a solid and reliable defenseman - still challenged on speed and skill (sorry, buddy), but still solid and reliable.
Another thing was at one of the Fryziuk's Canada day weekend parties (1988?) - a bunch of us were up late imbibing beers on the back deck - several folks had called it quits and crashed in their tents erected in the Fryziuk's spacious backyard. In the middle of a sentence, Scott stopped, turned around to look at a tent some 50 yards away, and said, "is that tent getting closer?" This continued until past sunup, and was funnier each time, as those things do as more beer is consumed. I really liked Scott, and Marilyn was such a sweetheart. We didn't see much of each other after the baseball and hockey ended, which I now deeply regret. May you be with the Lord, Scotty.
https://byersfuneralhomeinc.ca/obituary/scott-andrew-lee/
A comic strip that encapsulated our friendship:

No comments:
Post a Comment